Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wall Art

One of the hardest things for me to find is wall art that I actually like, so of course the next best thing is to just make it yourself. Here is one of my favorites. For this piece I was looking for something that was calming and relaxing to look at.
1. I took a thin piece of wood, I didn't want anything that would be to heavy to hang of the wall
2. Mine is a 2"x2"
3. I painted the base color a country tan
4. Cut out your Vinyl mine is actually 4 individual damask prints
5. Position then how ever you want
6. and then I antiqued the edges with Distress ink.
Have fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I like that it's different than what you could go down and buy at Target. It's a lovely piece wall ahnging that could go from room to room over the years.

    ReplyDelete