Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bead Board Frame

When we were traveling this last week I went in a cute little Home Decor store and they had some adorable bead board frames. But of course I couldn't bring myself to pay the price and I figured that they would be a pretty simple project. So here is my version.

Items needed:
Bead Board
Scroll Saw
Sand Paper
Paint

1st I took some scrap bead board that I had in my garage from a previous project and I traced a 5X7 mat so that I had the appropriate dimensions, and them I cut it out on a scroll saw.
2nd I trimmed the back with some thin pieces of wood that I just found at my local lumber store in the base board section I figured that would give the frame a little more thickness so that it wouldn't be just a thin piece of bead board.
Last I sanded it painted it and antiqued it just the way that I wanted it.
I thing it turned out awesome and I see more of these in my future. Maybe square ones with square picture openings.
DIY Club

3 comments:

  1. cute! really great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great! I was just heading to Home Depot to get bead board for a project. If I have any leftover, I will make a frame too. Thanks for sharing your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great. I would love for you to stop by http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/ on Monday to link up your frame and any other projects you would like to share.

    ReplyDelete